Last year was an amazing year travel wise. We (my wife and two good friends and traveling buddies) were able to take out time from our busy IT lives and do some amazing and quick, low budget, weekend trips. Starting with a weekend trip to Universal Studios Orlando in the beginning of the year and ending up at Zion National Park to call it a good year of traveling, we had so much fun.
If you are looking for a quick, weekend trip to Universal Studios Orlando, here is a sample itinerary with other useful details.
Day 1: Universal Studios Orlando
The last time I was at this place was about five years ago and they did not have Harry Potter paraphernalia added and it clearly made a lot of difference to this visit. Being a huge harry potter fan, it was a surreal experience to see and be in it just like a reality. Based on my previous experience, we thought we would keep the best for the last and hence, we went to Island of Adventure on second day because in my pre-conceived notion, Island of Adventure was better than Universal Studios. However, towards the end of the trip, the opinion was reversed. We enjoyed Universal Studios more than the Island of Adventure.
Harry Potter section of the park just blew our mind. Everything is just like in the movies and you feel like you are in it.
Some of the must see highlights in Universal Studios Orlando are:
- Harry Potter Diagon Alley
- Escape from Gringotts
- Mummy Ride
- Shrek 4d
- Hogwarts Express
Day 2: Island of Adventure
The best part of this park is Hogsmead village and Harry Potter and forbidden journey.
- Amazing Spider-man
- Jurassic Park
- Dudley Doo Water Park
- Dragon Challenge
- Hogsmead Village
- Harry Potter and the forbidden journey.
- There is always a big line during the day in all the harry potter rides. The wait time can go as long as 90 minutes, but if you go towards the end of the day it is mere 20-30 mins.
- Express passes are expensive, and do not work in Harry Potter and forbidden journey. but every other rides they are good.
- Be ready to walk a lot.
- Jurassic Park and Dudley Doo water park, if you are in the front row, you are for sure to get wet, sorry drenched is a better word so be prepared.
- Do not, I repeat, Do not miss the butter-bear.
We stayed at our friends place and hence were able to save on the hotel, but you might be able to get a package deal to save some bucks on the accommodate and the park tickets.
And above all ,don’t forget to have fun. Pack your luggage right and make sure to pack a bunch of friends as well for the ride. Life is sweet with them.